Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday's Lunch in the Market




Friday's Lunch is my way of just saying no to the mid-day meal at my desk the rest of the week; a reprieve from the cubicle world. I put the mouse down and step away from the workstation to go outside for an extended hour ostensibly to do some "research."

This Friday I went to Pike Place Market to chow down on Uli's Famous Sausage. This sausage heaven has graced the Market for ages with their 25 flavors of meats in a link. Recently, they opened a small enclosed place adjacent to their meat counter that serves a good German beer along with your order of brats, chorizo, andouille, or hot links, just to name a few. Order up anyone of them with your choice of three "styles" of condiments and the guys grill it up fresh and hot. Meat-lovers, it just doesn't get any better than this.

To finsh off my lunch, I ambled over to Stella Coffee across from SAM (literally in the shadow of Hammering Man - thanks, sunbreak). Stella is a local coffee wholesaler that had just opened a shoebox-sized retail space. (That's a shoebox near the Showbox!) The doppio espresso pulled for me was one of the dopest I've tasted in town. Being an Italian cafe, they also offered cannolis and other sweets and a few varieties of pannini. I'll have to make another Friday Lunch trip to check those out.

No comments: