Friday, August 12, 2011

Da Ala Cart grills it good

Food on a stick is a primal pleasure. It goes back to the earliest days of hunting and then gathering around the cooking fire.

These days my hunting is confined to checking my Twitter feed to see which food truck has been lucky enough to find a parking space in downtown Honolulu. It's the thrill of the hunt that gets me as I swipe through the Twitter stream. I scored a direct hit as I read Da Ala Cart chirped that he had found a shady spot on Mililani Street. (Apparently, the Hawaii Five-0 tv show was not shooting there today.)

Going in for the kill,  I walked over to the wagon and ordered the special seen in the posted photo: grilled musubi and tsukune. Follow Da Ala Cart if you want the good stuff grilled.

Photo by Honolulu Mark

No comments: