Friday, September 04, 2009

Cooking through the Keller classic

I'm semi-inspired by Nora Ephron's flick Julie and Julia to pick up one of my all-time favorite cookbooks and cook my way through it. I loved the movie but, as much I as I thoroughly enjoyed the two stories of Julie and Julia, I'm not choosing to cook through Julia Child's "The Art of French Cooking."

I say semi-inspired because, like Julie Powell, I want to share my cooking experiences through a blog. Unlike Julie Powell, I'm going to take my sweet time cooking through "The French Laundry Cookbook" by Thomas Keller.

The book promises the home cook can ostensibly re-create the same sublime experience of dining at the The French Laundry itself. Of course, not the part about re-creating an exquisite Napa Valley restaurant in a tiny apartment in Seattle. But, in the recipes, yes; because here in the Emerald City, the fresh produce in season and fresh caught seafood at the farmers markets are going to shine in the upcoming dishes the way Meryl Streep did in her stellar Julia performance.

No comments: